Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Author Take Over: S. Briones Lim, Author of Green; A Life Force Novel

Hello my Lovelies!
This is my last post for today, and the one I'm MOST excited about!!! Today we have a Author Take Over by no other than the lovely and wonderful S. Briones Lim!! WOHO!!! And just for us, she made an interview with Mattie and Hunter, and as a special treat in the end.... We got a peek at how Briones Lim dream team looks like!!!
 
 
S. Briones Lim: I am glad to be joined by Mattie – I’m sorry, this is very unprofessional of me, but what was your last name again?
Mattie: Actually, would you believe me if I said that I didn’t know?
I notice her shift uncomfortably and decide not to press her further. I decide to turn to Hunter.
S. Briones Lim: I am also joined by Hunter Petersen. Thank you both for meeting with me.
Hunter: Thanks for having us.
Mattie (quietly): Yes, this is definitely a first for me.
S. Briones Lim: So, please tell me a little bit about yourselves.
Mattie: Do you want to start first, Hunter?
Hunter: Sure! I am from Carlsbad, California.
S. Briones Lim: Explains the blond hair and your surfer look.
Hunter (laughing): Yes, but unfortunately I don’t know how to surf. I moved to Brookesville when I was younger and I’ve been living there ever since.
S. Briones Lim: Do you live alone or have any roommates?
Hunter: If you count my grandmother as a roomie, then yes I do have one.
S. Briones Lim: How about you, Mattie? Tell me a bit about yourself.
Mattie: Um, I’m really close to my family. They’re all my best friends. Well, except for my older brother, Zach. He can really get on my nerves sometimes. Oh, and my Uncle Max frightens me a bit.
S. Briones Lim: Frightens? What do you mean?
Mattie: Oh, I mean he’s a good guy and everything, but he can be very intimidating! I’d hate to piss him off!
Hunter: Tell me about it!
S. Briones Lim: Mattie, I know your Aunt Lucinda passed away a few years ago. Can you tell me a little bit about her?
Mattie’s face falls and I worry I may have offended her. Luckily, she looks back up and answers me.
Mattie: She was my everything. She wasn’t just an aunt to me. She was like a big sister I never had. I confided in her and I really miss her a lot.
The atmosphere turns a bit awkward so I decide to ask a few lighthearted questions.
S. Briones Lim:  Let’s have some fun! Are you ready to answer some random questions?
Hunter: I like fun!
S. Briones Lim: Mattie, I take it your favorite color is Green?
Mattie (frowning): Actually no. Green to me means death. I hate the color green.
S. Briones Lim: Oh! I’ve never heard of green symbolizing death before. What is your favorite color then?
Mattie: Next question please?
Hunter smiles apologetically.
Hunter: Sorry, she doesn’t get out much.
Mattie throws an annoyed look at him, but smiles.
Mattie: Actually my favorite color is caramel.
S. Briones Lim: Caramel?
Mattie (Points to Hunter): Matches his eyes.
S. Briones Lim: Aw, that’s sweet! Now that we are on the topic, how did you two meet?
Hunter: We sort of ran into each other –
Mattie: Ran into each other? You practically chased me down in the forest!
S. Briones Lim: Wow, this is getting interesting! Care to elaborate?
Hunter (laughing): Yeah, I guess my first impression of her wasn’t the best. I had mistaken her for something else –
S. Briones Lim: Something?
Hunter: I mean someone. Either way, my first impression of her wasn’t that great.
Mattie: Or correct, by the way.
S. Briones Lim: What do you think of Mattie now?
Hunter: I think she is the best thing that’s happened to me in awhile
S. Briones Lim: Mattie, do you feel the same way?
Mattie: Let’s just say, I think I’ve waited a long time to feel this way.
S. Briones Lim: I’m glad you two finally found each other. Well, it looks like that’s all the time we have for today. Thank you both again for joining me!
Both: Thanks for having us.
 
And, now...as a special treat for you, here is Briones Dream Team!!!
 
 
And who are these lovely people? Well... Briones always pictured Alex Pettyfer for Hunter; Henry Cavill for Zach; and Crystal Reed for Mattie. What do you think? Anyone read her novels? I'm currently reading Green, a Life Force Novel, so I'm waiting a bit to let everyone know what I think ;-)
 
About S. Briones Lim:
 

Thanks to her Mom's unwavering devotion to read a bedtime story to her every single night throughout her childhood years, S. BRIONES LIM's love for books began before she could even speak. Author of the Life Force Trilogy, S. Briones Lim's other obsessions include time with family, POPCORN, sketching, movies and her pug, Tobi. She currently lives on the East Coast with her husband and continues to write everyday.
 
You can find Briones here:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment