Friday, April 25, 2014

Release Day Review: Hunting Hamilton (JackRabbit7 #3) by Sarah J Carr


*jumps up and down*
SQUEEE!!!!
It is here!!! It is the Release Day for Hunting Hamilton by Sarah J Carr!!! Finally I am able to share my thoughts about this absolutely amazing book!
If you have been following me on Facebook, you know how much I've been looking forward to this day!!! Sarah is not only an amazing author, but one of the absolutely sweetest persons I know.
 
So, before I let you know what I think of Hunting Hamilton, make sure to stop by her FB Party (which is happening today) :-) LOADS of fun games and wonderful prizes!!





Amelia’s in trouble; IA’s HQ has been bombed, Levi’s missing, her death warrant is still hanging over her head, and she’s constantly being called to IA’s court to explain (and re-explain) everything that happened.

And to make everything worse; Nick walked out of the house, leaving Amelia all alone. Well, she isn’t ALL alone, she has Molls, Dane and Orion, but Amelia is devastated that Nick left – without a single word, not even a goodbye. *bastard*
But this is only the beginning of Amelia’s trouble. Remember the end of Embracing Hamilton? She was given a very special card by someone? Well, that card just got Amelia into trouble with Gladys, THE most senior judge in the IA court. And when Gladys says “jump”, you don’t argue, you ask “how high”.
Amelia is being taken to jail, but something happens under the transport, leaving her into the hands of someone else entirely…. And the mercy of someone completely and totally insane. Will Amelia be able to survive her imprisonment? And is she truly alone in there?
Amelia will discover truths, old friends, new ones and the strength of survival.
I was so lucky to receive Hunting Hamilton as a beta read. I was jumping with joy; I loved Embracing Hamilton and could barely wait for Hunting Hamilton. When handing over the book, Sarah told me; “You'll get lust, regrets, death, mayhem, miscommunications, plot twists. All of the usual."
HA! It doesn’t even BEGIN to cover Hunting Hamilton. Hunting Hamilton is a merry-go-round of pain, insanity, lies, secrets, truths, heart aches, despair, survival, JR7, consequences, all sprinkled with more surprises and plot twists than you’ll EVER have encountered in Sarah’s books.
Even though I was giving chapter by chapter feedback to Sarah, I devoured Hunting Hamilton, to the point I forgot dinner, kids and laundry. I was deep into the story, hand shaking, heart beating, jaw dropping, scrunching my nose, losing my appetite (due a very special dinner *yuk!!*), and I couldn’t let go. More than one time I messaged Sarah, used swear words, asked a million questions, and wondered if it was my sanity, or hers that was slipping. *still not sure today*
Hands down, cross my heart… I thought pRevealing Hamilton was a great introduction to JackRabbit7, Revealing Hamilton was heartbreaking and surprising. Embracing Hamilton topped that with new twists and plots I didn’t see coming a mile away, and Engaging Kennewick was amazing. Hunting Hamilton BEATS them all. Seriously, I had BEFORE starting HH read… 6 works written by Sarah. Somehow, I should’ve been able to suspect what she is capable of…. Nuhu. I wasn’t even CLOSE. At all. And just when I thought I had been through the worst – Sarah decides to throw in some extra. Just for fun. To confuse you, and make you even MORE giddy and anxious for the next book. And I haven’t even MENTIONED who Amelia gets cozy with in Hunting Hamilton!!! *grins* Not telling, it would be a spoiler, but damn!!!
If you haven’t picked up this series, you’re SERIOUSLY missing out on a freaking awesome story. I love it when an author to the very end STILL can deliver surprises to you, uses your entire emotional spectrum, and when you message and yell at her – she just chuckles evilly. With a cup tea in her hand. And then she tells you that it’s just the beginning. And it was.


In book three, Amelia is faced with a potential prison sentence for a crime she didn’t commit. With a death warrant looming over her head, her security clearance is lowered and her assets are frozen. She's pinned against a wall as the IA debates her future.

Numb from an unforeseen departure, Amelia sinks into a depression as her world crumbles. Stuck in the past, she feels like she’s suffocating in a figurative jail cell with no escape.

As fate would cruelly have it, her state of mind is about to become a reality. Confined behind the bars of an abandoned prison, Amelia is isolated and alone. Dr. Estian Knauss has plans for his prisoner and he won't take no for an answer. Before more innocent people die, she needs to determine where Estian’s loyalties lie and unveil the truth about an old friend and her mother.

The situation takes an unexpected turn when Amelia’s surroundings reveal a premonition about the future. Four people learn that someone among them is the answer to a critical question. In reality, what each of them thinks is the solution couldn’t be further from the truth and it’s only the beginning.
You can buy Hunting Hamilton HERE


Sarah Jayne Carr is a novelist who can be found most evenings with a cup of tea in-hand and her imagination racing from plot to plot. When away from her work, part of her mind is constantly brainstorming her next story and she always has writing paraphernalia within reach.

She wrote stories as a child, but became more serious about her passion during her twenties. In her spare time, she likes to read, splash in mud puddles, smell bookstores and eat Honeycrisp apples. Yearly, she participates in NaNoWriMo and has mentored others through the program. Due to her dedication to National Novel Writing Month, she is part of an amazing writing group.

Born and raised in Washington State, Sarah still resides in the area. Her life is richly filled with her supportive, yet swashbuckling husband and their golden Nugget.



No comments:

Post a Comment