Top Five Reasons to Fall in Love with Nate Grimm
I love all my characters—even the villains in all their wickedness. But I have to say, Nate Grimm, the protagonist in my upcoming release, Grimm Consequences, will always hold a special place in my heart. I think part of the reason I adore Nate is because he was an unexpected hero, meaning, I hadn’t originally intended for him to be my romantic lead in RED (Transplanted Tales #1). But the moment I wrote his description, I knew he was the one for Tess “Red” Little. And although I think there are many reasons why I fell for Nate while writing his and Tess’s love story, here are the top five reasons why I think readers just might fall in love with him, too:
1) The man can cook. – Is there anything sexier than a man cooking for his lady? There’s just something about the time and tenderness involved in making a meal for a loved one that makes me all swoony.
2) He rocks his 1940s style like nobody’s business. – I love the style of the 1940s. To me, there’s just something incredibly sexy about that whole noir vibe. And Nate’s got it down, from his ever-present fedora to his wingtip shoes. One might even call him dashing. They just don’t make men like that anymore.
3) He’s mysterious. – I like a little mystery in my men. And Nate was a bit of a mystery even to me as I was writing him. The moment I envisioned Nate, I knew he had a dark past that he was trying to forget and that at some point that past was going to wreak havoc on his relationship with Red.
4) Once you win his heart, it’s forever – I’m a diehard romantic who believes in fate and true love and second chances. And Nate’s love for Tess is timeless.
5) He’s tender yet totally badass – I love a man who’s sweet, nurturing, and romantic. Le sigh. But add to that the ability to kick some serious ass when the people he cares about are threatened? Yes, please! For most of Red, readers only get to see the softer side of Nate. Until the end. It’s what he does then to protect Tess that will lead to the events in Grimm Consequences. And now, he’s holding nothing back.
Kate SeRine (pronounced “serene”) faithfully watched weekend monster movie marathons while growing up, each week hoping that maybe this time the creature du jour would get the girl. But every week she was disappointed. So when she began writing her own stories, Kate vowed that her characters would always have a happily ever after. And, thus, her love for paranormal romance was born.
Kate is the author of the award-winning Transplanted Tales series, available from Kensington Books. She lives in a smallish, quintessentially Midwestern town with her husband and two sons, who share her love of storytelling. She never tires of creating new worlds to share and is even now working on her next project.