Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Author Take Over: Lexi Ostrow, author of Torn Between Two Worlds

 


I want to welcome Lexi Ostrow here at my blog for this week's Author Take Over. Lexi is an absolute sweetheart, and I'm so proud to have her here!!!
So lean back and enjoy the little chat she was able to get with Ciara and Stryder, and remember to swing by one of her pages and give her a nuzzle!!






Lexi Ostrow, author of Torn Between Two Worlds, Got the rare chance from the mysterious man in the trench coat, to have a chat with Ciara and Stryder after their adventure. Read on to see what happened when she got a chance to talk to them.


The pair of you got off to a pretty rocky start. Ever think that you were to blame for it?
Ciara: I wouldn’t call it rocky. I’ve talked to Dale about it endlessly and aside from the fact that he’s a closet perv, he never reacts well with a new pairing. You’re dealing with ripping a bond apart that goes literally soul deep in most cases. Not to mention dropping a bomb about life on the Guardian. I don’t think it’s supposed to be easy.

What’s was it like finding out your world wasn’t real?
Stryder: Ever had your head slammed into a counter or a wall….and  then had it done again and again? A little something like that. I didn’t feel like something someone dreamed up. In fact I wouldn’t believe it all since my mate isn’t even from a book - but she had that stupid paperback of D’s book that was irrifutable evidence. *Grumbles under his breath*

Ciara, what has been the hardest part of adapting to your gifts?
Ciara: Growing up with an imaginary big brother figure who isn’t imaginary. I knew I wasn’t crazy but I also knew I couldn’t react or respond to half the things that happened with Alcott. Learning to bite my tongue, especially if I saw a flicker of magic pass, took years.

Stryder: Let’s not forget the fact that she damn near burned my house down trying to Alcott’s like gift over fire. 

Ciara: Just shush, it was on tree and it didn’t die anyway.

Hmm sounds like this lifestyle took some getting used to for both of you. Who’s the more stubborn one? The one who always had to whine about the situation more.

Ciara: *Barely stifling a gasp she jerks a finger at Stryder* Times like a 100 million.

Stryder: I repeat….book character! *He crosses his arms and his eyes go a jet black at his Word Speaker.

Ciara: See what I mean? *still laughing* Poor me, I’m not real. Poor me, I can’t stand  the man in the trench coat. Poor me, I have to watch over this beautiful female and screw her brains out.

Stryder: Hey i have NEVER complained about that last one sweetheart.

Well now that I can see who the stubborn was is without fail. how about the personal questions now? What’s he wear when he sleeps Ciara…. I mean really where when he’s not trying to seduce you?
Ciara: *Her eyes twinkle* Well for Christmas this year I did get him this adorable snuggie….

Stryder: That I promptly ripped apart and tossed away.

Ciara: Like a he-man. But really…he’s an in the buff kind of sleeper. Perfect for naughty wake ups. There’s so much less to do.

Stryder grumbled some more.

Turn about is fair play Stryder. What’s the one thing you wish Ciara wouldn’t wear to bed?
Stryder: Clothes. No really, she wears a ridiculous amount of layers. a Tank top, a pair of panties….and not the sexy kind either, no she likes her ass all under cover and warm. *Rolls his eyes* And then she pops on sweat pants and then sometimes a damn sweater. I mean seriously, she gets to see me naked daily and I have to cuddle with her long enough for her to sweat before she takes the clothes off.

I’ve been dying to ask you both this. I know that on a scale of 100 your love for the mysterious man in trench coat is around a 32….combined. But really, what annoys you most because I have to say he is damn sexy….and I keep wondering if he’s naked under that coat!

Ciara: Oh he’s sexy alright! And not naked, I’ve seen him walk around with the coat undone.

Stryder: Don’t sound so excited about that….mate. It’s the man’s attitude. He fights for the side of good and yet he’s an arrogant son of bitch always bossing people around, taunting them and just plain being a damn dick.

Ciara: Stryder…he’s thousands of years old. Has no one that he spends his life with and is locked in a fairly unending conflict with his twin brother, you don’t think that might have something to do with it?

Stryder: Nope. Absolutely not because he’s just a dick and I’m a thousand plus years old too.

Ciara: Need I go on, mate?

Ok ok, didn’t mean to start a fight. Now I feel like there’s brain picking I need to do before I let you go back and start planning the rest of your lives together. About this war, what’s your compensation for risking your happily ever afters to fight for someone you don’t like?

*Just as Ciara is about to answer the space in front of her begins to swirl and distort. The man in question walks out, eyes shifting colors and fangs partially showing* 

Trench coat: That’s quite enough. When I agreed to open a doorway for them to interview with you it was out of the respect I have for authors. That’s done now and they need to be running along. *Stryder looked as if he was going to say something and the man in the Trench coat leveled a gaze at him and he stood up.*

Stryder: Sorry about this. Unfortunately the man broke my back by looking at me, I don’t fuck around with him even when I’m channeling War.

Ciara: It was nice being back….See you some other time and don’t be too rough on Dale!


*The man in the trench coat gave me a dangerous head nod and the three of them vanished through the doorway, shutting just after.*






Her heart was torn differently than others, between two worlds. Her choice would affect her position in each.

Ciara Miller was born the same as others, but she got a little something extra. On her 14th birthday she learned she was a Word Speaker, someone who could create life from stories. Her gift is incomplete until her 27th birthday, before then all she can create is things she, and others like her can see. Evil wants her gift as well and the characters she choses to create become her Guardians against the unseen attackers that want to use her skill.

Stryder is a demon, created to be a backup plan for the Horseman of the Apocalypse, War. Since the day he learned he was nothing more than pawn he and his brothers had been seeking a way to betray hell and fight on the side of the angels. His world is torn apart again when he finds out he's nothing more than a story and given the option to protect a human female, Ciara, or die.


Ciara hates Stryder for replacing her former Guardian. But she cannot deny the lust and connection that rocked through her every time they touch. She could deny it all she wanted, but she belonged to Stryder and when they find themselves thrown into a war bigger than them both she must choose between her reality bound heart and her fantasy bound soul to save them.

You can buy Torn Between Two Worlds HERE










Lexi Ostrow has been in love with the written word since second grade when her librarian started a writing club. Born in sunny southern California she's spent time in various places across the country and can't wait to settle down somewhere in the French Quarter when she's able too.Lexi has been a writer ever since the second grade in some form or another. Getting her degree in creative writing and her master's in journalism she couldn't wait to get a chance to put her fantasies down on paper. Her debut novel, Torn Between Two Worlds is something that was simmering in her mind since middle school and she's so grateful to put it out into the literary world. From paranormal romance to thriller there isn't a genre she doesn't love to spend her time reading or writing.

Reading and writing are her first loves but her passion for shopping, love for yummy food and her love for all her many pets. She hopes to one day help other readers fall in love with writing as she did.



You can find Lexi here:



No comments:

Post a Comment