Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Release Day Review: Sinking Ships (In Service #1) by Lexi Ostrow


Happy release day to one of my pub sisters and a friend of mine; Lexi Ostrow!
Today she releases her newest series; In Service.
I was so insanely lucky to receive an early ARC from Lexi (Yes, I twisted her arm, how did you guess?!)
Anyways.....
I'm stalling. *giggles* I hope you'll buy and read this one, Lexi is fast becoming a favorite author of mine.
Remember to join the party on facebook!!!



Have you ever wondered about how our soldiers and their spouses handle a deployment? The loss of each other and trying to cope with work and an everyday life?

Lexi Ostrow’s new series; In Service gives us a small glimpse into this. It is a very short insight, true but a very realistic one none the less.

The emotions in this short story is very raw and I couldn’t help but to get pulled into the story. I could feel every emotion that was running through Ash’s head, from learning about the deployment to the end of it. Her fears, her hope, joy and relief. This is something that have always caught me off guard with Lexi and her writing – the rawness of her emotion, that she can drag you so much into her stories that you forget everything around you.

Travis been in the navy since he was twenty-two and Ash known him almost as long. For the past three years there’s been no deployment, Travis’ been home and the little family have thrived. Three weeks ago everything changed – Travis got the call for a deployment and Ash now have to prepare herself and her two little boys for what is coming. In Sinking Ships we follow how both Ash and Travis each handle this deployment. I like that we don’t just get one POV, but two.

I’m not sure if I said it before, but I loved reading this short story. Loved it. Every single page. Even though I would LOVE to get more into detail, especially with the end… I won’t. I have this non spoiler policy. It’s seriously killing me, but I won’t do it.

If you like Lexi’s writing, I’m positive that you’re going to love Sinking Ships. I know I did and I can’t wait to read more from her – I have a few of her books on my kindle right now.

You can buy Sinking Ships HERE



Lexi Ostrow has been in love with the written word since second grade when her librarian started a writing club. Born in sunny southern California she's spent time in various places across the country and can't wait to settle down somewhere in the French Quarter when she's able too.

Lexi has been a writer ever since the second grade in some form or another. Getting her degree in creative writing and her master's in journalism she couldn't wait to get a chance to put her fantasies down on paper. Her debut novel, Torn Between Two Worlds is something that was simmering in her mind since middle school and she's so grateful to put it out into the literary world. From paranormal romance to thriller there isn't a genre she doesn't love to spend her time reading or writing.

Reading and writing are her first loves but her passion for shopping, love for yummy food and her love for all her many pets. She hopes to one day help other readers fall in love with writing as she did.


You can find Lexi here:


No comments:

Post a Comment