Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Review: Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales #3) by Kate SeRine

When Trish Muffet is attacked at a grisly crime scene, the last person she expects to come to her rescue is Nicky “Little Boy” Blue. But since walking away from everything two years before, Nicky’s been doling out vigilante justice as “The Spider,” taking on the vicious predators of the night in hopes it’ll lead him to his ultimate target – Vlad Dracula. And he needs Trish’s help.

Although Nicky’s renegade style goes against everything Trish stands for, she’ll do what she must to bring Dracula down. With danger stalking her, Trish knows the only person she can count on is the one man who has the power to leave her breathless. There’s no way she’s letting this spider frighten her away…






Oh. My. God.
I freaking LOVE this book, period. Trish was a character that I thought was plain amazing when we got to know her along the way in the series, and Nicky Blue was a charming bastard who really had the worst luck. Both fascinated me, and I knew there was something between them, but not exactly. Reading their story was amazing. I was cursing, laughing, gasping, blushing and grinning like a fool all through the book. There were times where I wanted nothing more than to reach in, grab Nicky and smack some sense into his head, I wanted to run into the book and give both of them a shout of warning for what they were headed into, and… Well, let’s just say, I got into this story, heh.
Kate have a way of making her characters seem so real, you forget everything around you, she has taken old loved fairytales, rhymes, literature, torn the persons out from the pages and molded them into reality. She has twisted their legends, their stories and made us look behind the façade. The truth? I love seeing what lurks in the shadows :-D
More importantly (to me), Kate SeRine manages to create a story that catches you off guard, it sneaks under your skin and before you know it; it’s 3 am and the book is all done, leaving you with a book hangover the size of China. Even better? The humor that saturates Kate’s stories, making you giggle, laugh and snort like a mad woman.
Nicky and Trish’s story was my favorite so far. The tension, the romance, the heartache, the desperation, the panic, the twists and turns that I didn’t see coming – loved it. Hands down, I have no other word. Yes, I love the entire series so far, yes I have a thing for fairytales, for twisting them, but what Kate has created with Along Came a Spider… with the entire Transplanted Tales series is pure bliss for me. When I settle down with one of Kate’s book, I know I’m in for a ride, Along Came a Spider is no different than the rest of her series. It has everything that I want from a book; great catching characters, wonderful and surprising plot, meeting old beloved friends and meeting new ones, laughter, heartache and hope. The action is thrilling an brings you all the way to the front of your seat, crossing your fingers that they will be alright and the bad guys are so repulsive…. You love to hate them.

I’m currently reading the next story in Kate’s series; Ever After. Come back here August 27 and I’ll tell you all my thoughts about it!  





Kate SeRine (pronounced “serene”) is a hopeless romantic who firmly believes in true love that lasts forever. So it's no surprise that when she began writing her own stories, Kate vowed her characters would always have a happily ever after. She's the author of the award-winning TRANSPLANTED TALES series and will be releasing the TEMPLAR LEGACY series with Kensington and the PROTECT AND SERVE series with Sourcebooks in 2015/2016.

Kate lives in a smallish, quintessentially Midwestern town with her husband and two sons, who share her love of storytelling. She never tires of creating new worlds to share and is even now working on her next project.

You can find Kate here:

No comments:

Post a Comment