Friday, November 8, 2013

Guest Post:Character Interview with Caleb from Dark Seraphine

Happy Friday everybody! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and to give you a little nudge in the right direction, I have a interview with Caleb to share, along with a short snippet on how he met Gia.
Hope you enjoy!! And make sure to make your way by my Facebook page as well. Freebie Friday is up and running!
 

What’s your favorite color?

Navy Blue.


What type of vehicle do you drive?

A midnight blue Challenger, of course. **gives me the sexiest dimple grin I think I’ve ever seen**


Describe yourself to me.

**blushes before he speaks** I don’t know. A serious kinda smart a**, I guess. Maybe too sarcastic about some things. People tell me that I wear my heart on my sleeve. That’s a pretty old term. On the physical side, I’m 6’1. I weigh around 180lbs. I have bluish-gray eyes and dark hair.


How would your mate describe you?

Um, I don’t know. Maybe she can tell you later on when you talk to her.


What really moves you, or touches you to the soul?

That’s pretty deep, don’t you think? I’d have to say Edgar Allan Poe poems. And yeah, guys can be into that kind of stuff.


What's the one thing you have always wanted to do but couldn't? What would happen if you did do it?

Well, um, I wanted to try wave boarding. I don’t know. I guess some part of me just doesn’t work in that way. I guess I just don’t do boards well at all.


Describe your ideal mate.

**gets this sexy kind of faraway look on his face after I ask this question** Right. So, she’s smart, tough, she can handle my smart mouth. Sometimes I’m not always the easiest dude to get along with. Sexy. You know. I guess I want the works.

 
What are you most afraid of?

Losing that person I just described in the last question.

 
What's the most important thing in your life?

My family.

 
What do you consider your special talent?

Lacrosse. I know it’s considered a cheesy sport by some people, but I’m good at it. I have another talent too, but that’s not something I can talk about here today.

 
How did you meet the hero/heroine?

She’s all heroine. In fact, she saves my a** more times than I do hers. Hey! At least I’m man enough to admit it, though. I’ll just say I met her in a classroom and leave it at that.

 


Was it love at first sight or did it develop slowly?

I didn’t know how to answer that question then. And guess what? I still can’t answer it now.

 
What did you like/dislike about him/her when you first met?

Well, she kinda disappeared behind this thing she calls the Veil. Man, it freaks me out when she does it. Sometimes she’ll just show up out of the blue too. But now, things are different. Something happened, and she can’t use it that way anymore.

 
If you were granted three wishes, what would you ask for?

Peace, love, and happiness, my man. What else am I supposed to say? **suddenly I understand why he warned me about him being a sarcastic you-know-what**

 
Thanks so much for stopping by today Caleb. You seem like a really fun person.

Caleb: And thanks to you for having me on your blog today. I’ll come back and chat anytime you like. You can check out some pictures of my boards here: http://www.pinterest.com/alestasia/the-seraphine-trilogy/


Want to know how Caleb and Gia met? Take a look(this is from Dark Seraphine):
 
 
Kyle, leaving me stranded like a dud in the hallway, has left me with no choice but to head into my Trig class too early. Because of Kyle’s hormones, I face looking super un-cool and nerdy. When you put those words together, you never come away looking sexy. Not cool. Nobody blazes a trail to be the first one sitting around and waiting on the teacher.

Stepping into the classroom, I immediately notice that I’m right. I head straight for the back row, turn around and almost wet my pants.

The new girl, yeah, that would be my little lost soul with the gorgeous dark hair and mini skirt, is sitting in a desk at the front of the room. She has that same faraway look on her face they always have, these Walkers.

I’ve given them that nickname because sometimes a ghostly film trails behind them. It always reminds me of angel wings. Otherwise, I guess they might be considered plain old ghosts. To call them spirits kind of takes away from their magic.

These mystery people are always super gorgeous, like this chick, with slick, dark hair that stops just below her shoulders, a long oval-shaped face and nice skin. They’re also always wearing something dark; black jackets, dark jeans and a dark tee shirt.

To admit this girl makes my skin crawl sounds a tad sissy and weakyeah, I admit itbut this isn’t the time to be a wuss. Manning up, I square my shoulders before I sit down. The little kid in me wants to run away like a baby, but the man in me says if you do, then I’ll kick your ass myself.

At that moment, she laughs. Wait! It’s a high-pitched giggle, a normal girl’s chuckle. It surprises me. This isn’t right. I can’t ever remember the Walkers laughing before.

“Go ahead and run. I’ll just simply find you like I always do,” she says, her face still turned toward the teacher’s whiteboard. Her voice sounds smooth, like a forgotten song, a hypnotic one. I could listen to it all day long. However, even a super sexy voice doesn’t change the fact that she pretty much just read my mind.

“Have you decided whether you’ll run or not, yet? I have an awful lot of things to take care of.” She turns her head the slightest bit to the side. My underarms prickle. I’m glad that Mom forced me to start using the clinical strength deodorant this morning; to say I’m nervous ain’t even close to how I’m feeling inside.

“Are you an angel?” I ask, my voice squeaking on the last word. What a dork. She doesn’t scare me, not really. Something about this girl is different… familiar? But I’m not exactly ready to get her phone number, either.

As a little kid, I remember talking to a few of the Walkers and never getting any responses in return. As soon as I hit my thirteenth birthday, the ability to communicate with them disappeared. This makes the first time I’ve spoken to one in years.

“I hate to tell you this, but I’m not a ghost, an angel or a zombie. Sorry.” She turns around to face me, an amused expression on her ridiculously gorgeous face. I inhale sharply and hold my breath. The word beautiful doesn’t do this Walker-girl any type of justice. Her strange, dark eyes with the specks of blue and green inside the irises pierce into me. Gorgeous. I’ve never seen anything like the color inside those irises before.

I swallow hard and find my voice. “So, you’re not an angel. Then, what are you? You’re not the only one I’ve seen or talked to. And why do I have the honor of being the stalked dude?” She makes a light laugh and tilts her head, the slick black hair flowing around her face as though it’s made of silky thread.

“Others have come before me?” She seems to be asking herself rather than me, her voice fading on the last words, her nobly beautiful face lost in some kind of memory. One thing I do know for certain, I’m probably going to be committed to the loony ward after all this. “I’m going to need your help soon, Caleb. So be ready.”
About Kasonndra:
 
 
I live in the City of Alchemy and Medicine, North Carolina. I write about people doing fantastical things in magical worlds. Sometimes they fall for each other and make sacrifices for their friends. Oh, and sometimes they love music and nature too. I live with my two sons,a guinea pig, a cat, and two dogs. Now that I have completed my MFA in creative writing, I find that I have a little extra time to play CLUE more often. I live in an L-shaped house dedicated to my grandmother. It has a secret library complete with fairies, venetian plastered walls, and a desk made out of clear blue glass.

You can find Kasonndra here:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment