Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Author Take Over: Sarah J Carr, author of JackRabbit7 Series


Hi Guys!!! It is Wednesday, and as you know that means Author Take Over here at my little place on the big internet.
Today, I am proud to introduce the amazing and wonderful Sarah J Carr to you all. Sarah is an amazing person, always there to encourage you when you're down, gives you advice, a shoulder to lean on, virtual hugs and is just a sweetheart. I am lucky to consider her my friend, she's just about as nuts as me. *winks*
Sarah is the author behind the absolutely awesome JackRabbit7 Series (which I love!), and she has something special for you all today. Hope you enjoy, and make sure to stop by her FB page or Twitter and give her a hug from me!!!
 

~ SARAH ~

Nick has changed and grown as a character throughout the JackRabbit7 series. I wrote this blog post long ago, and thought I’d take everyone back (or give new readers a current glimpse) to what Nick Pascall was like during Revealing Hamilton and before. <3


**Warning: Nick tends to swear…a lot**


Guest Blog from Nick Pascall’s perspective –

Dear “Diary” for lack of a better word,


I feel like a ridiculous schoolgirl. I’m sitting here with a blank page and a pen, wondering what to write. Hector Rodriguez, IA physician, gave me this assignment before he left for Santa Monica. One of the stupid requirements to avoid anger management courses is to write about my feelings. This whole exercise is a pile of shit. Right now, I think the classes would be easier.



Hector, you want me to talk about my feelings? I don’t let anyone into my life, and a piece of paper isn’t going to change that. You already know why. I’m a fucking open book. Do you want to hear that everything is sunshine and roses and I’m smiling? Sure, I’ll say it, but it’s a lie. Continuously, I hear Levi’s adage, “Sacrifice Few to Save Many”; it makes me sick. You have no fucking idea what I deal with every day of my life and now she’s here, which makes it ten times worse. Amelia Hamilton. Even her name pisses me off. She keeps trying to get closer to me, and I can’t fucking stand it. She’s useless, and her presence is a waste of time. Why can’t Max see that? Maybe I can find a way to get transferred. It doesn’t matter where as long as it’s far from Washington.



Damn, I need a drink, but I can’t slip back into that habit. I won’t do that again. Why am I even writing about my past?



Fuck this. Punching something will make me feel better. I’m out of here.



Love always, (and I say that with as much sarcasm possible)



–Nicholas Brody Pascall



Sarah Jayne Carr is a novelist who can be found most evenings with a cup of tea in-hand and her her imagination tormenting many characters. When away from the computer, part of her mind is always brainstorming her next story, and she tries to keep writing utensils within reach. Watch out. If paper isn't nearby, she may scribble upon the nearest person's forehead.
She wrote stories as a child, but became more serious about her passion during her twenties. In her spare time, she likes to read, draw, splash in mud puddles, smell bookstores, and eat Honeycrisp apples.
Sarah Jayne has participated in eight NaNoWriMos and has mentored others through the program. Due to her dedication to National Novel Writing Month, she has made many friends through an amazing writing group.
Since August of 2012, Sarah Jayne has proudly been a part of Crushing Hearts and Butterfly Publishing. To date, she has multiple stories published within her flourishing JackRabbit7 series. Additionally, her budding Grim Reaper series was recently picked up by Vamptasy Publishing.
Born and raised in Washington State, Sarah still resides in the area. Her life is richly filled with her supportive, yet swashbuckling husband and their golden Nugget.


You can find Sarah here:
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment